03 March 2013

Baktus # 2: Moody Grape


**Stash-Buster**
(Knit / Dos Agujas)



This is my second Baktus scarf (you can see the first one here).
Esta es mi segunda bufanda Baktus (pueden ver la primera acá).



In case you are not familiar with “the Baktus”, it is a knit scarf made from tip to tip.
En caso que no estén familiarizados con “el Batkus”, es una bufanda tejida a punto, la cual se teje de punta a punta.



Usually, the Baktus is made all in garter stitch, but I prefer the stockinette version.  In this second one, I added two rows of garter stitch before changing colors, for a special effect.
Por lo general, el Baktus se teje sólo con puntos derechos, pero yo prefiero la versión jersey. En esta segunda, le añadí dos pasadas de garter antes de cambiar de color, para darle un efecto especial.



Sometimes I cannot avoid putting names to my projects (they are like babies to me).  I called this Baktus: “Moody Grape”, given its purple hues, upset by other neutral colors.    
A veces no puedo evitar ponerle nombre a mis proyectos (en cierta forma, son mis bebés).  A este Baktus le puse el nombre de “Uvas Caprichosas” por los tonos morados interrumpidos por otros colores neutrales.



These are the colors I used: 2 greys, 3 purples, magenta, cream, grayish black, beige, light blue. 
Estos son los colores que usé: 2 grises, 3 morados, magenta, crema, negro grisáceo, beige, celeste.



All worsted yarn from my stash.  Knitting needles: 5.5 mm.
Todas son lanas medianas de diversas marcas, que tenía acumuladas.  Agujas: 5.5 mm.



Pattern (Patrón) @ Ravelry: Baktus Scarf


29 comments:

  1. Very very nice, I really love it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta, los colores, el diseno.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo its really nice - i think the stockinette is great - might have to give it a try for my second one - your colour combinations are great you have a real eye for colour xx Can I ask how much yarn you use? My first one was 100g think I should have used more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to calcualte how much yarn, because it was form bits and pieces from my stash (and I don´t have a scale), but maybe the length will help: 205 cms. [I like them long.] If you make it with stockinette st, it will certainly stretch more (compared to garter st).
      Hope this helps!
      Ana BC

      Delete
  4. Preciosa la bufanda,Super bonita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que bella que es. Me orientas con cuantos puntos empezar y los aumento.Los colores divinos.
    Besos Anny
    http://lostejidosenlavida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, Anny. Se comienza con 4 puntos sólo derechos (garter) se añade un punto cada 4 pasadas(tejiendo al frente y atras, pero sólo de un lado (el otro sigue recto). Cuando llegas a la mitad del largo que deseas, comienzas a disminuir, en el mismo ritmo, cada 4 pasadas.
      Espero que te animes a hacerla. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Me gustan los colores que has puesto, te ha quedado muy bonita.
    Como te cunde !!

    xEva

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Ana and I love the name moody grape, it gives it a personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours you've used for this :)

    I always name my projects ... I call it the Ravelry effect. Moody Grape is perfect for this :)

    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ME ENCANTO!!!!, ESTA MUY LINDA!!! ME DIO GANAS DE TEJER UNA PERO NO SE CON CUANTOS PUNTOS SE COMIENZA!!!, LOS COLORES MUY BONITOS!!!
    UN ABRAZOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia: se comienza con 4 puntos. Si necesitas más detalles, te invito a leer la respuesta a Anny (más arriba)...Cuéntame si te animas a hacerla ;-)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful! I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ana, I just love all the scarves and the baby blankets you have made. The blankets are so pretty with all their different colors. Whenever I've tried to do blankets in simple stitches I never feel like they come out so nice, but you have a knack for combining colors and the mosaic stitch really makes a lovely border. I haven't had time to crochet lately. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon. Have a good week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Es super bonita Ana y los colores me encantan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both scarves are lovely, I really like the mix of colours you used and love the shape too. This is one project I've been wanting to make for a while but haven't got around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Es preciosa Ana, me encantan los colores que has usado, los has combinados muy bonitos. Gracias por tu visita y comentario, es verdad que son adictivos. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your scarf is fantastic, I love the colors and the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3/25/2013

    Que bella! me encanto tu tejido! Te queria dejar saber que cuando el baktus lo hacen en stockinette le llaman 'karius' por unos trolls de noruega, que comico no/ Estoy a punto de hacer mi Baktus tambien y me has inspirado, gracias! -olga en NJ

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...